ANSYS Quick Start Training - CFD
SimuTech offers a Cloud-based training program - ANSYS Quick Start - that is designed to introduce engineers to working with ANSYS Workbench to solve engineering problems.
Each session for CFD training consists of:
- Approximately 1.5 hours of lecture plus 1.5 hours for workshops ... 3 hours in total
- Self-paced series of video recordings that cover the lectures and hands-on workshops portions
- Access to SimuCloud®, our cloud-based computers with ANSYS Workbench pre-loaded for the workshop portion
- Technical support provided by SimuTech engineers, if needed.
Before registering, we suggest that you test the required connections to ensure that you will be able to participate.
Additional information, including the topics covered, is provided below.
*** Please note that due to export controls, these sessions are limited to North America only. ***
Registration for the February 19, 2019 session has closed.
The goal of the program:
- Provide a "quick start" to engineers with little or no CFD experience.
- Provide a refresher or introduction to ANSYS Workbench - great for engineering management who aren’t necessarily users, but manage those who use CFD.
- Introduce CFD technology in a “hands-on” style where you temporarily get your own ANSYS server for learning.
- Educate engineers with experience in other CFD tools (e.g. STAR-CD) on the use of ANSYS Workbench for CFD.
- Eliminate the training and travel costs for this “half-day” intro class.
- Help decide what sort of additional training is needed to meet your needs (turbulence, chemical reaction, …).
- Introduce our clients and prospects to SimuCloud for on-demand HPC servers for CFD.
A quick overview of the program:
- No costs for attending sessions ... yes, free (a $250 value).
- This is 3 hours worth of training.
- Workshop problems are provided to reinforce concepts covered in the lecture.
- Sessions are provided over the Internet - no need to travel.
- Regularly scheduled sessions.
- You will get a unique, licensed server on Amazon’s cloud with full graphical interface. It looks just like your own desktop (except cleaner!).
- The servers are Windows, so there is no learning curve for the file system (like with most LINUX systems).
- Amazon is the most secure public cloud data center in the market. Be assured that we use 256-bit encryption for data.
- No proprietary data will be used. All data that you will be accessing is generic training material.
- Engineering or related technical degree.
- Internet connectivity using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) - check with your local IT staff.
- Many companies have restricted the use of RDC ports. You must verify that you have RDC access before you can attend these training sessions. A test cloud server will be provided before the classes.
CFD Training Topics:
1. Introduction to CFD
2. Introduction to Meshing
3. Workshop 1: Meshing
4. Introduction to Fluent
5. Workshop 2: ANSYS Fluent in Workbench
6. Heat Transfer
7. Workshop 3: Electronic Cooling with Natural Convection and Radiation