Seminar: EMI/EMC Regulatory Requirements and Verification
Thursday, April 19, 2018
You will learn EMI EMC predictions by simulation and actual test. There will be a tour of a working lab and the basics of and latest changes to EMC standards.
Make your next product launch a success by attending an EMI/EMC Seminar hosted by:
- Introduction and Overview - TÜV SÜD Canada, SimuTech Group and Wurth Electronics Midcom (30’)
- EMC and New Changes / Standards – TÜV SÜD Canada (15’)
- Chip Bead Ferrites Details/Reading Data Sheets - Wurth Electronics Midcom (30’)
- Losses; sources and calculation, CMCs and clamp-on ferrites- Wurth Electronics Midcom (30’)
- Common failures & troubleshooting of RF emission – TÜV SÜD Canada (35’)
- Lunch with Lab Tour and Demonstration of test and Computer Simulation
- Simulation (Virtual Prototyping) value – prediction and root cause analysis – SimuTech (15’)
- EMI/EMC simulation – SimuTech (30’)
- Dynamic Power-Integrity (PI) Analysis to guarantee power supply and help EMC – SimuTech (30’)
- PCB analysis and Signal Integrity assessment – SimuTech (30’)
- REDEXPERT demonstration on selection of ferrites– Wurth Electronics Midcom (30’)
- EMC Predesign verifications - TÜV SÜD Canada (30’)
- Door prize (Drone)
Min Xie, Senior Engineer, TÜV SÜD Canada
Farid Jamialahmadi, Field Application Engineer, Wurth Electronics Midcom
Nick Rapolti, Engineering Manager - Electronics, SimuTech Group
Zoe Zhu, Electrical Eng. Analyst, SimuTech Group
Majid OstadRahimi, Ph.D., P.Eng, Electrical Engineer, SimuTech Group
Regional Sales Manager
T: 416.249.1471 Ext 244
EMI/EMC Regulatory Requirements and Verification
Thursday, April 19, 2018
9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
TÜV SÜD Canada
11 Gordon Collins Dr.
Gormley, ON L0H 1G0
Free, including lunch & refreshments
|SimuTech Group||TÜV SÜD Canada||Wurth Electronics Midcom||IEEE Wie - Toronto|
SimuTech Group is an engineering services company specializing in engineering simulation (FEA), computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and electromagnetic simulation software. Largest full service provider of ANSYS FEA, CFD and electromagnetic (Emag) engineering simulation software in North America with offices in Atlanta, Calgary, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Huntsville, Indianapolis, Montreal, Rochester, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa and Toronto.
TÜV SÜD Canada is one of Canada’s largest independent lab (Certified Body Test Lab) offering Product Safety, EMC and Laser testing all in our 50,000 Square feet labs and now employs 50 full time professionals in 3 locations.
- Client advocate and advisor to high tech companies developing innovative products in the fields of medical devices, telephony, consumer, ITE and Laboratory equipment
- Recognized “Certified Body Test Lab” (CBTL) accreditation by the International Electrical Commission
- ISO / IEC 17025 accredited Lab (A2LA accreditation) providing EMC/EMI and product safety Marks
Wurth Electronics Midcom is a global leader in the design and manufacture of custom magnetics. A standard line of magnetics is offered, including inductors, ferrites, chokes, and EMI shielding materials. Recently, the electromechanical and interconnect line was added to the product offering, which includes Board-to-Board, Wire-to-Board, Terminal Blocks, and Input/Output Communication. We provide “More than you Expect” service.
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is one of the largest international professional organizations dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists, and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests in a career in engineering.
Tina Lee B.Comm, CIP
Strategic Account Manager