Charles Simoneau, PhD
FEA Consulting Engineer
Université de Sherbrooke –
2500, boul. de l'Université
Sherbrooke (Québec) J1K 2R1
Date and Time:
Tuesday – October 22, 2019
9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Free Entry & Lunch
From 2006 to 2016, Charles Simoneau completed his doctorate at the Mechanical Engineering Department of Ecole de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS) in Montreal. During his graduate studies, he attained experience with (FEA) in structural mechanics and with the metal AM Process. Charles joined SimuTech early in 2018 actively working on the AM process simulation. He is also a part-time undergraduate lecturer at ETS.
CFD Analyst - SimuTech Group
Maryam is a CFD Analyst at SimuTech Group’s Montreal, Quebec office. Her current duties include performing consulting services projects in the field of CFD as well as providing technical supports, training and seminars on the ANSYS CFX, FLUENT and AIM line of products. During her graduate studies in Mechanical Engineering, Maryam collaborated with Pratt and Whitney Canada on a project focused on aerodynamic optimization of transonic fans. At SimuTech Group, she has developed a diverse practical experience in CFD simulation while working with ANSYS customers in different industries such as hydraulic turbine and biomedical.
Salma has a collaborative and integrated approach to delivering best-in-class customer solutions and can influence and challenge stakeholders to ensure the right business outcome every time. With 13 years on the customer relationship management she is passionate about helping local industries to implement the proper technology. Salma is driven deliver the best possible customer experience by providing first in class solutions for various engineering and innovation industries.
Business Development Manager
As new technology emerges to light, simulation science advances further than before. Simulation has been used as a powerful tool by researchers and practitioners from both industry and academia to report on the latest advances in simulation science.
- Gain insight into Pervasive engineering simulation strategies
- Product release news covering
- Structures (Mechanical FEA)
- Fluids (CFD)
- Persuasive engineering simulation strategies
- Listen to industry-speakers showcasing their use of ANSYS simulation
- Share simulation experiences, best practices, tips and tricks
- Discuss simulation challenges with ANSYS experts
- Learn about the latest ANSYS acquisitions
- Participate in product and application specific workshops during the day
Live Demonstration & Workshops
Join us at Sherbrooke University, at our Open House where we will walk through live workshops and show you how to simulate accurately and make use of the results to improve designs. You will build a model, run the simulation, and then interpret results with the help of our CAE experts. We will keep groups to a maximum of 8-10 people to ensure you have a personal tutor at your side when needed.
- Fluids Highlights: New Fluent interface, Mosaic Meshing
- Mechanical Highlights Including: ANSYS Motion (Multi Body Dynamics) , Granta Design (Material Library)
Contact the Organiser:
Join us October 22nd at Sherbrooke University to uncover & demonstrate
new enhancements to the development of simulation
C.L.-Bouffard, P. Eng.
Multiphysics Simulation Specialist, Professional Engineer
Graduated with a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from Universite de Sherbrooke in 2011 and has over 7 years of experience in numerical simulation. His role at Lx Sim is to manage clients' projects and link their performance needs to digital simulation to writing technical reports. He has several hundred numerical simulations to his credit in the fields of transportation, industrial products, entertainment, defense, and sports equipment. His fields of interest make him stay on the lookout for the latest simulation technologies.
Charles has significant experience in various types of numerical simulations:
- Linear and nonlinear static finite element analysis
- Dynamic nonlinear finite element analysis for impact testing
- Multibody dynamics, including analysis of flexible parts
- Structural optimization of metal parts (topology, topography, free size, and others)
- Heat transfer and fluids CFD analysis